You ask if liquor (drink containing alcohol) is sinful
I would answer you as follows:
1. Alcohol is known to be a habit-forming drug. Some people are able to drink small amounts, but many continue to increase their drinking until they cannot handle the problem. A good percentage of social drinkers become alcoholics and each of them affects many people.
2. Alcohol is the cause of many domestic problems with poverty and hunger causing suffering to children and an unstable relationship between husband and wife.
3. It is well known how much damage is done on the roads through drinking and driving.
4. Drinking too much (which often starts with only a little) breaks down a person's control of himself and leads to other sins.
5. Alcohol can also destroy one's health.
a Christian this is the kind of life which should be left behind (Proverbs 20:1; 1 Corinthians 6:10). He is a new person in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) and he should have a new set of values and standards which are to please the Lord (Ephesians 4:22-24). Our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16-17) and should be kept clean and pure. The Christian life is a joyful one and we can be happy in Him (Philippians 4:4) without any outside stimulant.
On the other hand, the Bible is clear that drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:10). Christians are warned against getting drunk with wine, but should rather be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
It is not sinful to use wine as Christ did, but it
becomes sin as soon as the alcohol takes control of your life. The best way to avoid becoming a drunkard and alcoholic is to avoid alcohol altogether!
And if you are an alcoholic already, or someone whose drinking causes problems, there is deliverance. Jesus can set you completely free (John 8:34-36). The Corinthian Christians experienced this themselves (1 Corinthians
6:9-11). May this be your experience as well!