How can a Christian witness for Jesus Christ?
Every Christian is responsible to be a witness for Christ. We read in Acts 1:8 "You will be witnesses for me."
The question is: "How do I witness?" We must clearly understand that people have different temperaments and talents and that the answer to this question will differ from person to person. The reaction of the people to whom we witness will also
There are, however, certain basic principles that will remain the same in every situation. We summarize them as follows:
1. Your own spiritual life must be right with God. That means that you must be sure of your own salvation. You must know that you
are saved. A witness can only witness to that which he or she has experienced himself or herself. Hearsay evidence is not acceptable.
2. You must be faithful in your prayer life and talk to God in the silence of your heart or your place of prayer every day (See Matthew 6:6).
3. Your life, attitude and christian example must attract people to your life style. They must see by your example that you are committed to the Lord. If you are filled with the Holy Spirit the fruit of Galatians 5:22 will be visible in your life. (Please read the verse.)
4. Please remember that the conversion of a sinner, the change of attitude in
the heart, can only be accomplished by the work of the Holy Spirit (read John 16:7-9).
5. The contents of your message must therefore always be the Word of God. That is why you will be an effective witness only if you study the Bible. The aim of Biblecor is to help you to do so.
6. We can attract people to the Lord by the wonderful love of God. It must be demonstrated to them by our own lives.
7. Make use of free tracts (or send a donation) which can be obtained by writing to
P O Box 19
Use it as a stimulant for further discussion. If people refuse to take a tract, do not argue with them. If someone has taken a tract, follow up by trying to draw reaction by asking "How did you find the tract? Do you have any further questions?"
I hope these few hints will help you.