How can I be good witness for Christ?
Every Christian is responsible to be a witness for Christ. We read in Acts 1:8: "You will be witnesses for me."
The question is: "How do I witness?" We must clearly understand that people have different temperaments and that the answer to this question will differ from person to person. The reaction of the people to whom we witness
will also differ.
There are, however, certain basic principles that will remain the same in every situation. We summarize it as follows:
1. Your own spiritual life must be right with God. That means that you must be sure of your own salvation. You must know that you are saved. You can only witness to what you have experienced yourself.
2. You must be faithful in your prayer life and talk every day to God alone or with others in a place of prayer
(See Matthew 6:6).
3. Your life, attitude and christian example must attract people to your lifestyle. They must see by your example that you are committed to the Lord. If you are filled with the Holy Spirit, the fruit of Galatians 5:22 will be visible in your life. (Please read the text.)
4. Please remember that the conversion of a sinner, the change of attitude in the heart, can only be accomplished by the work of the Holy Spirit (Read John
5. The contents of your message must therefore always be the Word of God. That is why you will be an effective witness only if you study the Bible. The aim of Biblecor is to help you to do so.
6. We can attract people to the Lord by the wonderful love of God. It must be demonstrated to them by our own lives.
7. Make use of free tracts (or send a donation) which can be obtained by writing to CLF Publishers, P O Box 19, Bloemfontein 9300, South
Africa. Mention which languages you need, how many, and for what purpose.
Use it as a starting point for further discussion. If people refuse to take a tract, do not argue with them. If someone has taken a tract, follow up by trying to draw reaction by asking "How did you find the tract? Do you have any further questions?"